Friday, February 12, 2010

We are STILL the World

After 25 years and for a great reason, Quincy Jones rounded up as many musical artists of all genres to come together for a 2010 remake of the the infamous "We are the World" benefit song for USA Africa. This time the song was made in tribute to Haiti relief. When I first saw photos of the people in the song, I didnt think that I would like it much--going off of the people who I saw-- but it was not as bad as I thought. Ofcourse, in my opinion, nothing is better than the original but thoughts may differ. I do think however that the first we are the world had more talented singers that made you want to immediately help Africa as soon as the song went of as opposed to the modern remake which was filled with many talented singers such as Celine Dion, Jennifer Hudson and Pink but something about it only made it seem like a remake and not an authentic song that appealed to my emotions. Have a look for yourself. What do you think?

We are the World 25 for Haiti :



the original We Are The World USA AFRICA

No comments:

Post a Comment