Monday, January 4, 2010

Twilight.

So I’m clearly late hoppin’ on the reading rainbow but I decided to read Stephanie Meyer’s “Twilight”(the first of a four part series). The book was absolutely amazing and very well written I might add. Vampire stories never captivated me but with the incorporated twist of romance, Meyer caught my attention.  I finished the book last night and today I went on You Tube to watch the movie. Sadly, I was rather disappointed because this is the movie that made me want to read the book. They always say the book is better than the movie- they’re absolutely right! I thought that maybe I’d just read Twilight and watch the movies for the rest of the series but now that I see how they made the movie stray away partly from the book, I feel like I’m going to be cheated out of a storyline.

100107-sub-Twilight.jpg  Vs. twilight_bigteaserposter

Now don’t get me wrong- the movie was great! (if you have never read the book). But since I did follow the rules just this once, I found that a lot of scenes that were vital to me in the book was not added into the movie script. I think a lot of the romance and important conversations between Edward and Bella were described much more beautifully in the book and weren’t as rushed as the movie made it seem. The characters in the movie did an awesome job, however the movie plot kind of strayed away from the book. So i guess you can only have one or the other. But I assure you, if you “loooved” the movie Twilight and you don’t mind reading a 490 or so page book then I invite you to read the series. You’ll fall deeper in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment