Saturday, December 26, 2009

FORGIVENESS.

I felt that I should state my feelings on Chris Brown’s new album and the outstanding number of situations regarding him.

Graffiti surprised me. The first time I heard it, I thought wow this is much different than his first and second albums. But then after several more reviews of the album, I realized that Chris was stepping out of his associated genre and becoming a more edgy singer and a little bit more that R&B. I am happy that Chris is doing this because that is exactly what music is. Music is more than one specific genre. It is universal and untitled.


I am a Chris Brown fan. I don’t like the fact that because I am a girl , people feel as though I should turn my back on him because he was domestically violent against his girlfriend. Sure, what he did was 100% wrong but does that mean we have to all nail him to the cross and crucify him? No it doesn’t.


Just think


When was the last time you did something wrong. Were you forgiven? Forgiveness is liberation of the soul and since none of us are God why must we judge a situation that has nothing to do with us. God forgives. This means that stores should not be blackballing CDs and interviewers should not demean Chris in interviews or attack him for simply smiling.


Why does everyone hate Chris but accept the other trouble makers who are probably doing something even worst, with open arms?


Perhaps it’s reevaluation time.


Chris must understand that humans will be humans and talk about him. The greats and most talented are always ridiculed the most because others will never be as good as them.


The world is intimated by greatness. So all we can do is endure it and allow it to make us more mature and stronger.



Good Album Tracks



  • Falling Down

  • Gotta Be Your Man

  • Lucky Me

  • I’ll Go

  • I Need this

  • Crawl

  • I.Y.A

  • So Cold

  • Sing Like Me

  • Movie

  • Take My Time

…purchase Graffiti !

No comments:

Post a Comment