
This song has to be my favorite by Jay-Z. I feel this way because I think we all wish that we could stay young and youthful. I've caught myself staring at old people in the mall and thinking how would I look at 70?
I then shook my head as if I was waking up from a nightmare. I want to live for another 70 years without grey hair and without the worn hands. But then I thought maybe I should seek the beauty in old age. I thought that old age has a story to tell.
A story consumed with wisdom and knowledge. Perhaps I should look foward to growing old and telling these stories to my grandchildren who will come to me and question what it was like to live in the 90 and early 00's.
Growing old is a blessing. I thank god as much as I can for permitting me to see another morning and night. There are so many people who won't be seeing tomorrow and there are some people who didn't see Today and that is scary. So why complain? Why be afraid of growing old when you're even more afraid of the alternative. This isn't our world it's God's.
So since we gotta be here, let's live...
...OLD.
No comments:
Post a Comment