
A day in my ears..
Ryan Leslie
Gibberish
Solange
Ode to Marvin
Jid (HU student/artist)
Fight
Amy Winehouse
Tears dry on their own
Ryan Leslie
How it was supposed to be
Adele
My Same
Andre 3000
A day in the life of Benjamin
Musiq
I wanna Be
Im Mikey
Cool Kids
Etta James
Fool That I Am
hmmm...
ReplyDeletewell, if I were still living in Africa as a 'pure African', I dont think I would be mad or anything. That would just be my way of life...like it is for the thousands of people who DO live over there. And yes, I'm sure they don't like living in poverty and poor conditions,etc, but if thats your only was of life and you dont know any other way, then you probably won't be depressed about it. Its like me (or us). We dont have lots of money, but I dont nessecarilly want to be rich...nor do I envy rich people...it doesnt bother me, because that just they way it is.
Now, I have a different reason for maybe supporting slavery. And when I started reading this post, I thought this was what you were going to say...I never thought of supporting slavery for the reason you gave...but anyway, here'es my reason.
Because if we were never slaves and never had any struggles to accomplish and overcome, I think we'd act more like the white man. And I'm not sayin the white man is bad or mean acting or anything, but there is clearly a difference in attitude and personal perserverence between white and black people. Mainly between people who have had to struggle (minorities) and people who haven't (white people). Because those people aren't really able to empathize with others who have struggles...which is totally understandable. I don't expect Bill Gates to identify or relate to a homeless man. He may feel sorry for him, but he won't ever understand what he's going/been through.
And I think thats a major advantage black people have over white people...being able to relate to others who have felt the struggle (which is alsot of poeple).